Quilotoa Lagoon & Cotopaxi National Park - 5 days
- The Quilotoa lagoon (3850m – 12,631ft) is reached by one of the most beautiful routes connecting the highlands with the coast. This volcanic crater is filled with a beautiful emerald lake.
3500 m./ 11,482 ft
Hike from Quilotoa
3914 m./ 12,841 ft
Walk around Chugchilán
3200 m./ 10,498 ft
Hike The Village Isinlivi
3200m./ 10,498 ft
Cotopaxi National Park
226 m./ 741.0 ft
Climb program DAY BY DAY
Day 1: Quilotoa Shalala
Elevation: 3500 m./ 11,482 ft
Day 2: Hike from Quilotoa
We’ll leave from Quito (9,186 ft/2800 m) in the morning and will drive the Quilotoa Lagoon. During the tour we will stop at an Indian hut and after we will visit the Tigua community to observe the leather crafts made here.
The tour will take us about 4 hours, after which we’ll arrive at the viewpoint and observe the magnitude of the crater and its lagoon.
We will then descend along varying terrains; the walk will take us an hour until we arrive at the bottom of the lagoon to take photos, have lunch and rest. Lodging at Quilotoa shalala (B;BL;D)
Elevation: 3914 m./ 12,841 ft
- Hiking from Laguna Quilotoa to Chugchilán we will have beautiful views of the Toachi River Canyon. First we will walk along the crater edge with impressive views of the lagoon inside, then descend to the plateau of the small indigenous village Huayama. As we descend the switch back trails down to the Toachi River Gorge, the climate and scenery change dramatically. Soon we will be surrounded by the canyon walls and hike along the river banks. The hike ranges from 4 to 5 hours and is moderately challenging. We will be staying at Cloud Forest Hostal. It is a basic, but a friendly and clean hostel run by José Luis. Chugchilán is a well known destination for hikers and a typical mountain region village in Ecuador. It has a small plaza, a church and a school, and most of the people still use a horse or donkey as transport. Here you will feel like you have gone back a few hundred years in time.
Day 3: Walk around Chugchilán
Elevation: 3200 m./ 10,498 ft
- There are a couple of options for half day hikes around Chugchilán that you can discuss with your guide; either visiting the local cheese factory, hiking towards the town of Sigchos or simply exploring the surroundings by yourself.
Or if you prefer, you can enjoy the quietness and peacefulness of the village from the hammocks Cloud Forest Hostal. Dinner and lodging at Hostal.
Day 4: Hike from Village of Chucchilan to The Village Isinlivi
Elevation: 3200m./ 10,498 ft
- Hike from Chugchilan to Isinlivi. This hike follows the Toachi canyon and you will hike a great part along the river and pass through small highland villages. The hike ranges from 4 to 5 hours and is moderately challenging.
After lunch we drive back to the village of El Chaupi (Place of mountaineering) Where we will lodging at Andes alpes Hostal http://www.andesalpescafe.com
Day 5: Cotopaxi National Park
Elevation: 226 m./ 741.0 ft
- Cotopaxi National Park tour is an exciting day that begins with spectacular views of the unique Andean landscape in the “Avenue of the Volcanoes”. Inside the National Park we will first have time to take pictures and your guide will provide more information about this amazing volcano. After, you will begin a short trek around Limpiopungo Lagoon for about an hour and we will continue in the car to the parking lot at 4500m height. From there we start the walk to the José Rivas Refuge at 4864 m. Rest at the shelter with a hot tea and then we will return to the parking lot. The journey finishes with a delicious lunch at the Andes Alpes Cafe, before returning to Quito.
Services included in the prices:
- All transport by private vehicles during the program when needed.
- All meals written in this program
- Accommodation during the tour.
- Permits and park fees.
- Bilingual guide.
- International flights.
- Travel insurance.
- Accommodation and meals while in Quito.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Extras, laundry, tips.
- Other non-specified expenses
WHAT TO BRING?
- Comfortable backpack (take into account everything you have to load)
- Warm and comfortable clothing
- Warm hat and gloves
- Sleeping bag
- Extra gloves (recommended)
- (Highly recommended) rubber boots
- Replacement light shoes for living in refuge
- Waterproof jacket or poncho of water
- Walking sticks (help super well)
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Bottle or Camelbak hydration system
- Warm clothes for the refuge (protected in plastic bags)
- Grooming Kit
- Clothes to leave on the bus
PRICES & PAYMENT
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION
In order to confirm the reservation of any tour service provided by Cotopaxi Travel Company Cia. Ltda. we require a pre-payment of 30% of the tour price. The remainder is to be carried out before climbing tour or travel starts. We will not send confirmations, vouchers or flight tickets until the full balance has been received, and we reserve the right to cancel your trip if full payment is not received prior to the start date.
PRICES, SURCHARGES AND CREDIT CARD CHARGES
All prices we advertise are accurate at the date published/advised, but we reserve the right to change any of those prices prior to booking. Before you make a booking we will give you the up-to-date price of your chosen programme including the cost of any peak-season supplements, upgrades or additional facilities which you have requested.
For all payments made by credit card, a 6% service fee will be added to the cost. The additional costs for every transfer made out to Cotopaxi Travel Company Cia. Ltda. Ecuadorian Taxes and bank transfer fees, will have to be paid by you, the client. We are obligated tu charge 12% IVA for every payment realized by Ecuadorian citizens.
Cancellation by You
Notice of cancellation by you must be given in writing. Should you cancel, the following scale of charges will apply:
- - 30 days or more before the Departure Date = loss of deposit.
- - 29 to 15 days from the start of the trip = 50% of total trip cost
- - Less than 14 days before the Departure Date = loss of 100% of total trip cost,
- unless agreed otherwise with cotopaxi travel due to unforeseen circumstances.
Cancellation by Cotopaxi Travel Company
A trip may be cancelled as a result of unforeseen events and beyond Cotopaxi Travel´s control including but not limited to war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural Cotopaxi Travel• Calle Guayaquil 6-74 y Sanchez de Orellana- Latacunga - Cotopaxi - Ecuador Terms & Conditions 2 or nuclear disaster, fire, epidemics or health risks, closed or congested airports, ports or stations, changes imposed by re-scheduling or cancellation of transport, adverse weather conditions.
More Info please visit our Terms & Condicitions
Other dates / additional info: Contact us!
Country / Location: Ecuador
In Ecuador you can Climb all year, but these are the seasons
June to August / December to January
February to May / September to November
Ecuador is a fantastic destination that offers plenty of options for travel lovers. In addition to the Andes, Galápagos and Amazon Jungle are also part of this amazing land.
Trip-code: Number ►Ec-1981
Minimum: 2 Maximum: 12
Other dates / additional info: Contact us!
EZZ - Single room supplement
On this trip, places are still available.
On this trip, only a few places left.
This trip is sold out / closed.